Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Shrinking.

I'm shrinking & not in a good way. I went & finished up the paperwork for the competition this afternoon complete with weigh-in, measurements, blood pressure, & measuring my height. I haven't been measured for height since sophomore year in high school (so we're talking about 17 years) & back then they told me I was 5'2", but I always thought it was a little off & I've always called myself 5'1" Well today they told me I was only 5' - are you kidding me?? I know short is short, but 5' is crazy. Then they pulled out the good ol' weight chart, the lady actually said in a shocked voice - it has you around 100lbs (97-128). I told her I realized that those charts are pretty low numbers & I was not going to flip out about it. I guess my BMI just went up again - crap.

Oh well, I couldn't sleep last night & got up in the middle of the night & was watching tv to try to lull back off & caught the Secret Lives of Women - Extreme Weight Loss. I was actually glad to be up at 3am to catch it. There was a girl named Jen that was only 5' that weighed 300lbs & after 2.5 years of diet & exercise now weighs 120lbs & wears a size 4. I read her bio & she said that #1 you have to be mentally committed. I think I'm half way there. I figure if she can do it, so can I & I don't have quite that much to lose. Oh yeah, she's now a PT at Gold's Gym. How inspiring - even if it was 3am - lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! I was up with you (total insomnia night) and while I watched something else Ive seen t hat show and she was totally motivating.

now

can I prod you to say, perhaps by the end of the weekend, IM TOTALLY MENTALLY THERE NOW I JUST NEED TO LET THE WEIGHT FALL OFF OF ME.

the law of attraction.

visualizing.

you can do this!

MizFit

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I'm all with the visualizing thing!! I still have about 15 pounds to go, but I've lost about 30 since January. I REALLY should have lost ALL by now, but you know, I cheat. *sigh* Anyway, every time I need to buy smaller clothes I get motivated again. You can do it! I believe in you! :)