Sunday, October 12, 2008

Date Night Was a Bust

So date night didn't work out as planned. We dropped the kids off & headed to Murfreesboro to catch the movie. I really wanted to see Fireproof. When we got there & went to get the tickets, we found out that they were sold out - BOO. Being that we RARELY go to the movies & there was nothing else playing that I wanted to see, we came home. I just won't justify spending that much money to watch a movie that I don't really care about. So we drove back home, ordered wings from Freddie's (bad I know, but oh so good) & picked up the kids on the way back. Brock said that we'd try to catch the movie again later - maybe a matinee wouldn't be sold out, besides I just assume go during the day because I'm not much of a night owl.

I didn't do the usual walk yesterday since my niece was arriving early & we had plans to go to my Mom's picnic right after she left, however, I did an ok amount of walking at the picnic while pulling the two munchkins in their little red wagon. Between the junk we've eaten in the last couple of days of fun & the lack of real walks - I'm sure the weigh-in won't be great, but the key here is to climb back on that horse & ride again.

My Mom & Dad did get me a Wii Fit for my birthday, so that should help me to incorporate some extra activity during the day while I'm home with the kids. The hula hoop game is a hoot - but it gets me sweating pretty good when I do it over & over. I really like the step game too (they are both under the aerobic portion of the game). My plans to get back on track today include getting my walk in this evening & eating foods that are not so unnatural. I have a hard time getting a walk in on Sunday mornings because of all the hussle to get the kiddos ready for church. I know you all are probably thinking - hmm it's 5:30ish, she could go now, but I'll be honest, I'm a little scared of the dark. I have no problem, most of the time, getting up early, but I'm too chicken to go out there this early. I'm actually looking forward to the time change this fall (for the first time ever) because that means that although it will get dark earlier - it will get light earlier too & that will make getting my walk in before Brock goes to work, much easier. Well, guess it's time to do something productive - have a great day!!!

No comments: