Monday, November 17, 2008

Steadily Moving

Hooray!! I'm down another 2lbs! I looked back today to see when I started all of this business & the journey began for me around Sept. 22 - this means that I've lost 17.5lbs in just under 2 months. I'm really excited & I know if I could just get my eating under control, who knows what kind of results I might see. So far, what is driving the loss is exercise. I think that's why it's working for me. When I have tried to lose weight in the past, I have focused on food. The problem with that for me is that I'm a little obsessive/compulsive when it comes to food (& probably a few other things - lol). When I go on some plan that outlaws specific foods, I'm just not very successful for more than about 2 weeks. Based on what all of you are telling me, good old fashioned calorie counting seems to work pretty well. I'm not much on researching all the foods that I'm wanting to eat - so I'm going to consider doing the WW thing, since the points seem like they'd be easier to keep up with, but I haven't made up my mind yet, so don't flog me if next week I decide to try something else - lol. I did purchase (from ebay) a beginner & advanced Zumba dvd for the days that our class doesn't meet at the rec. I have only tried the beginner tape so far. It's not nearly as hard of a work out as what we do in class, but it's a good option for me when we don't have the class. Brock even did it with me Friday night, which shows the great amount of support he is giving me because he doesn't really like to dance. Well, I've got tons of errands to get done today, so I'm out. Have a great week everyone!!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on your loss. I think you are in the right mindset, when I first started losing I took "baby steps", first was working out, when that stopped working for me that is when I took a look at my food and began working on that.

I firmly believe in WW or calories where nothing is banned. If I want chocolate or something, I have to be able to have it. That is truly the only way it is livable.

Lorrie said...

17.5, wow! Great job!

Unknown said...

YAY ANDREA!!!! 17.5 lbs is AWESOME! and i would pay GOOD money to see Brock to the Zumba dvd!!!!

Amy S. said...

congrats on all the progress you have made. You really have to do what works for you, so if ww seems easiest, go for it! Hope you have a great week. Keep at it!

Anonymous said...

Great Job! Keep it Up, maybe someday, I will join you,

Anonymous said...

17.5 is so wonderful!

ptg said...

Congrats on the loss - that amount is fantastic in such a short time!!