Sunday, September 28, 2008

Start of a New Week

Well, it was a rough night again last night - Aliza ended up throwing up 3 more times. I sure hope she is done now, it makes for very long unrestful nights.

I'm not going to go into details, but I heard some things I wasn't supposed to today & they really hurt me. When it was realized that I heard them, it was explained that they shouldn't have been said & the person didn't mean them - they were just mad. Unfortunately, I'm not one of those people who take things like that lightly. You see, I believe that the thoughts that we have, whether rational or not, have some truth to them. I guess part of the reason I was so hurt is because they hit me with my own thoughts about myself. I'm trying to quit replaying them in my head, but in some ways I'm finding motivation in them. I don't want to be the person described by the ugly words that I heard & maybe I haven't been doing such a great job not being that kind of person. I guess as bad as it all was, it could turn out to be a good thing because it will serve as motivation for me not to be that person & improve in several aspects of my life.

I got my butt back out there today & logged my 2.5 miles again Weigh-in today & I'm down 8lbs. Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of that is water weight from being sick, but a loss is a loss & I'm happy about it. Hope everyone has a great day!!

4 comments:

Mae said...

Keep on trucking, A! Great job! In all of the plans I've looked at they REALLY encouarge you to take at least one or two rest days each week. I've found that when my knees bother me for more than a couple of hours it's time for me to ice, drug up, and rest... that's taken care of most of the aches.

SO sorry about the stomach yuckiness you all have had. Jack got sick the other night, too. I think his is sinus related, but either way ~ NOT FUN!

Stay positive and just pray for the negativity to leave your ears.

I'm heading out later this evenig to get in a jog/walk on the greenway. I'll text to see if you want to join me.

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

HI ANDREA!!!!!
i am so excited about your blog and super excited about the topic.....i wish i was back in manchester and then maybe i could join both you and Mae in your journeys and we could all encourage each other!! i was thinking as i read about the stomach ills....."hey that usually results in some weight loss!!" :) and i agree....i'll take it as i can get it, and use that new lower weight as a jumping off point. i agree about "diets" not really working, at least as a "cutting out_____" kinda way. i KNOW i need to exercise to lose weight, but i am never motivated to do it. living here with no car has made me have to walk nearly every day....just to get groceries or whatever, and that has made about 10 lbs come off since we got here. but now that my body has sorta gotten used to that, i'm going to have to step it up. the apt we just moved into is on the 4th floor with no elevator, so maybe that will help!

good luck!!!!!!
tricia

Lorrie said...

Hi there Andrea, this is Lorrie(Pearson) Nugent. I just wanted you to know that I found your blog and I am going through the same struggle to lose weight, realizing I have to get healthy for my boys and myself. I admire your honesty on here and I know you can do it. I will be cheering you on...