Friday, June 12, 2009

Finding My Way.

Well, I haven't progressed as quickly as I had hoped at diving back into the exercise, but some progress has been made. I did go to Zumba last week, but was too sore to go on Thursday. On Monday morning, I had my interview with Coffee County & then we went out on the boat for the rest of the day. I'm not sure why I didn't think to put on sunscreen, but I didn't & I got absolutely blistered. Today is the first day that I can actually move my arms a little without being in a lot of pain. Needless to say, I haven't made Zumba this week either. Anyway, I have started a lower carb diet, this usually serves as a decent kick off for me & I am down a couple of pounds. I'm not going to get too excited until I have my weekly weigh in because we all know that I fluctuate a lot when it comes to the scale. I also ordered an Ipod Shuffle. The el cheapo MP3 I had was kinda difficult to carry around & I wanted something that I could just clip on & go. My brother-in-law has recently started running & has built up to running a little over 3 miles regularly & has lost a lot of weight. I really want to be runner - I'm not sure I'm made to be a runner, but I want to be one. I thought that if maybe I could get lost in some good music, I could teach myself to love running. At this point, I don't even walk that fast. Anyway, I found a different starter training program that looks like it could be a little more up my ally. Walking 5 minutes & jogging 30 seconds during the first week. When I've tried the 1 minute to 30 seconds intervals, I just about give out because just as I'm catching my breath, I have to jog again. Maybe I'm just lazy. Oh well, I'm going to give it a try. Well I'm off - the Bonnaroonies that are continually walking down my street have managed to break my mailbox & we're trying to fix it. Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Running is awesome. You can google the couch to 5K training plan. I know w couple of people who are doing it and love it...good luck

Franklin Antoian said...

Hi Andrea!
Im Franklin Antoian. I'm a Personal Trainer Owner and Founder of the OnlinePersonal Training website www.iBodyFit.com I just read your blog on blogger.com and I would like to offer you a free one month pass to my fitness website. My site offers Custom Online Personal Training Workoutsdesigned, monitored and updated by professional Personal Trainers. Your workouts change and improve based on your results. There are also over1,000 fitness exercises and classes onlne as well. -Whats best, you canalways talk with a real Trainer from iBodyFit.com (email, IM, text and evenphone) whenever you have a fitness question! You can use the pass for yourself or offer it as a giveaway on your blog or just review it. I am looking to help others get fit and increase trafficto my website. Hope to hear from you! Great job with the weight loss!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Good luck with the running! how have you been doing?

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Fashion Sunglasses said...

I love Zumba!! Do you feel that you get a good workout?? A lot of people say it is fun but they cannot feel the effects.